Batt insulation is one of the most commonly used forms of insulation. Batts are pre-cut panels of insulation and are available in a variety of lengths, widths and R-values (R-value means resistance to heat flow). The higher the R-value, the greater the insulating power. Different R-values are required for different areas in your home.
Knauf EcoBatt™ Insulation doesn’t look like any insulation you’ve ever seen, but that’s because its natural brown color represents a level of sustainability never before achieved.
The color comes from ECOSE™ Technology, a revolutionary, new sustainable binder born from five years of intensive research. Made from rapidly renewable organic materials rather than petroleum-based chemicals commonly used in other insulation products, ECOSE Technology reduces binder embodied energy by up to 70%, and does not contain phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors used to make traditional fiberglass insulation.
EcoBatt Insulation combines sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources, post-consumer recycled bottle glass and ECOSE Technology to create the next generation of sustainable insulation…naturally from Knauf.
Features & Benefits:
• Made primarily from sand, one of the world’s most abundant and renewable resources
• Lower embodied energy than our traditional batts
• Rapidly renewable binder eliminates petroleum-based chemicals
• Contains no phenol, formaldehyde, acrylics or artificial colors
High Recycled Content
• Contains a minimum of 61.9% post-consumer recycled content
• Excellent insulating value
• Reduces airborne sound transmission
• Significantly improves STC ratings of wall configurations
• Cuts easily and cleanly
• Recovers quickly